The Australian market looks set to open sharply higher after gains on international markets as bargain hunters continued to buy up.
The SPI is trading at 5159, up 69 points.
Locally, in economic news, the Australian Bureau of Statistics is due to release job vacancies figures for May and the Reserve Bank of Australia releases financial aggregates data.
In equities news, ChimpChange is set to list on the ASX.
- The SPI is trading at 5159, up 69 points
- AUD at 74.46 US cents, 76.62 Japanese yen, 66.92 Euro cents and 55.38 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow +1.6%, S&P 500 +1.7%, Nasdaq +1.9%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +2.7%, FTSE +3.6%, CAC +2.6%, DAX +1.8%
- In London, BHP +3.6%, Rio +3.9%
- Spot gold +1% to $US1325.05 an ounce
- Brent crude +3.3% to $US50.17 a barrel
- Iron ore adds 0.5% to $US53.98 per tonne
What’s on today
ABS Job Vacancies and RBA financial aggregates