The Australian market looks set to open higher after Wall Street edged upwards as investors looked beyond disappointing earnings from Ford and bought shares in Apple.
The SPI is up six points at 5,523.
Locally, in economic news, the Australian Bureau of Statistics is due to release June quarter producer price indexes
In equities news, Origin Energy are Resmed are slated to give fourth-quarter reports while Vodafone Hutchison releases half-year results.
- Key Numbers
- The SPI is up six points at 5,523
- AUD trading at 75.02 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow flat, S&P 500 +0.2%, Nasdaq +0.3%
- In New York, BHP -0.6%, Rio flat
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -1.1%, FTSE -0.4%, CAC -0.6%, DAX -0.4%
- Spot gold -0.3% to $US1335.50 an ounce
- Brent crude -1.4% to $US42.88 a barrel
- Iron ore +3.5% to $US60.70 a tonne
What’s on today
Australia private sector credit, NZ building permits June, ANZ biz confidence July