The Australian market looks set to open flat as the financial world weighs up the implications of a Brexit.
The SPI is trading at 5130, down 40 points
Locally, there is no major economic news or equities news expected on Monday.
However, local financial markets and analysts will be assessing the economic outlook after the British people unexpectedly voted to leave the European Union.
- The SPI is trading at 5130, down 40 points
- AUD at 74.65 US cents, 75.52 Japanese yen, 67.33 Euro cents and 55.00 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow -3.4%, S&P 500 -3.6%, Nasdaq -4.1%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -8.6%, FTSE -3.2%, CAC -8%, DAX -6.8%
- Spot gold +4.7% to $US1315.75 an ounce in New York on Friday
- Brent crude -4.9% to $US48.41 a barrel in New York on Friday
- Iron ore -2.5% to $US50.61 per tonne
What’s on today
No local data; NZ trade balance (May).