The Australian market looks set to open flat after US stocks receded from record highs as oil prices weighed on energy shares and investors awaited an avalanche of quarterly reports.
The SPI is down 1 point, trading at 5451.
Locally, no major economic news is expected today.
In equities news, Perseus Mining is expected to release June quarter results.
- The SPI is down 1 point, trading at 5451.
- AUD +0.1% to 74.66 US cents, 79.04 Japanese yen, 67.97 Euro cents and 56.88 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow -0.4%, S&P 500 -0.3%, Nasdaq flat
- In New York, BHP -1%, Rio -0.9%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 flat, FTSE -0.3%, CAC +0.2%, DAX +0.5%
- Spot gold -0.2% to $US1319.50 an ounce
- Brent crude -2.3% to $US44.65 a barrel
- Iron ore +1.8% to $US56.86 per tonne
What’s on today
NZ trade balance