The Australian market looks set to open slightly lower after Wall Street closed little changed ahead of interest rate decisions from the Federal Reserve and the Bank of Japan.
The SPI is trading down 8 points, at 5283.
Locally, in economic news, the Reserve Bank of Australia’s Economic Analysis Department head Alexandra Heath is slated to speak at the Future Skills CEDA Conference in Brisbane.
The Westpac-Melbourne Institute Leading Indexes of Economic Activity is due out.
In equities news, Kathmandu is expected to post full-year results while BHP Billiton is slated to release its annual report.
- The SPI is trading down 8 points, at 5283
- AUD +0.3% to 75.52 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow flat, S&P flat, Nasdaq +0.1%
- In New York, BHP +1.9%, Rio +0.4%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.1%, FTSE +0.3%, CAC -0.1%, DAX +0.2%
- Spot gold +0.1% to $US1314.26 an ounce
- Brent crude -1% to $US45.51 a barrel
- Iron ore +0.2 per cent to $US55.77 a tonne
- LME aluminium -0.4 per cent to $US1577 a tonne
What’s on today
WBC leading index August