The Australian market is set to open slightly higher this morning as the Aussie dollar rose overnight.
The SPI is trading up 17 points, at 5214.
Locally, the RBA will release the minutes of its last meeting today and the ABS will release house price data. Guy DeBelle, the RBA Assistant Governor will be speaking in Sydney.
- The SPI is trading up 17 points, at 5214.
- AUD is fetching 74.50 US cents, 77.43 Japanese yen, 65.90 Euro cents and 50.71 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow +0.7%, S&P 500 +0.6%, Nasdaq +0.8%
- In New York, BHP +3.1%, Rio +3.2%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +3.3%, FTSE +3%, CAC +3.5%, DAX +3.4%
- Spot gold -0.8% to $US1288.71 an ounce
- Brent crude +2.9% to $US50.60 a barrel
- Iron ore flat at $US51.06
What’s on today
The RBA will release its latest meeting minutes later today, as well there will be ABS house price data. RBA Assistant Governor Guy DeBelle speaking in Sydney