The Australian market looks set to open lower following a lacklustre performance on Wall Street.
The SPI is up 9 points, at 5398.
Locally, no major economic or equities news is expected today.
However, the Metcash Retail Conference is on the Gold Coast.
- The SPI is up 9 points, at 5398
- AUD trading at 75.76 US cents, 79.77 Japanese yen, 68.67 Euro cents and 57.52 British pence
- On Wall St, Dow +0.1%, S&P 500 -0.1%, Nasdaq -0.1%
- In New York, BHP -1.5%, Rio -1.8%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.2%, FTSE +0.2%, CAC -0.3%, DAX flat
- Spot gold +0.2% to $US1337.45 an ounce
- Brent crude +0.5% to $US47.61 a barrel
- Iron ore -0.1% to $US58.42 per tonne
What’s on today
New Zealand second quarter CPI, China property prices (June), UK Rightmove house prices (July).