The Australian market looks set to open higher after all three major US stocks indexes ended at all-time highs, extending their record-setting climb of the past few weeks.
The SPI is trading at 5502, up 7 points.
Locally, in economic news on Tuesday, the Reserve Bank releases the minutes of its August board meeting, Minutes of Reserve Bank of Australia monthly board meeting, the Australian Bureau of Statistics’ new motor vehicles sales figures for July is due out, as is the ANZ-Roy Morgan weekly consumer confidence survey.
In equities news, BHP Billiton, Domino’s Pizza, Mirvac, Challenger and Bradken are slated to post results.
- The SPI is trading at 5502, up 7 points
- AUD +0.3% to 76.71 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow +0.3%, S&P 500 +0.3%, Nasdaq +0.6%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 flat, FTSE +0.4%, CAC flat, DAX +0.2%
- Spot gold +0.4% to $US1340.80 an ounce
- Brent crude +2.5% to $US48.16 a barrel
- Iron ore -0.25 per cent to $US60.22 a tonne
What’s on today
Reserve Bank of Australia minutes and New Motor Vehicle sales (July). James Hardie, Challenger, InvoCare, BHP Billiton, Mirvac Group, Scentre Group, Shopping Centres Australasia, Domino’s Pizza Full year results.