The Australian market looks set to open flat after Wall Street retreated from record highs with a fall in oil prices pressuring energy stocks.
The SPI is trading at 5485, down 3 points.
Locally, in economic news on Thursday, the Deloitte 2016 Media Consumer Survey is expected.
In equities news, Telstra, Sealink, Goodman Group and Magellan Financial Group are slated to post full-year results while, Optus is due to release a first- quarter update and James Hardie Industries holds its annual general meeting in Dublin.
- The SPI is trading at 5485, down 3 points
- AUD +0.4% to 77.00 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow -0.3%, S&P 500 -0.3%, Nasdaq -0.4%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -0.4%, FTSE +0.2%, CAC -0.4%, DAX -0.4%
- Spot gold +0.5% to $US1347.57 an ounce
- Brent crude -1.7% to $US44.21 a barrel
What’s on today
RBNZ Policy Decision. Virgin Australia, Magellan Financial, Goodman Group, Telstra Results out today.