The Australian market looks set to open lower following a dip on Wall Street led by financials and lower oil prices weighing on energy companies.
The SPI is trading at 5338, down 24 points.
Locally, no major economic or equities news is expected.
- The SPI is trading at 5338, down 24 points.
- AUD at 74.35 US cents, 79.67 Japanese yen, 65.73 Euro cents and 51.41 British pence
- On Wall S, Dow -0.1%, S&P 500 -0.2%, Nasdaq -0.3%- In Europe, Stoxx 50 -1%, FTSE -1.1%, CAC -1%, DAX -1.3%
- In London, BHP -4.5%, Rio -3.6%
- Spot gold +0.6% to $US1269.80 ounce at 2.50pm New York time
- Brent crude -1.3% to $US51.85 barrel at 2.40pm New York time
What’s on today
China aggregate financing, new yuan loans, M2 money supply (May), Canada jobs report (May), US monthly budget statement (May), Mexico industrial production (April), Turkey current-account deficit (April) and GDP (1Q), Italy industrial production (April), France industrial production (April).