The Australian market looks set to open higher despite a mainly flat finish on Wall Street where a drop in healthcare stocks offset gains caused by higher oil prices and a strong jobs report.
The SPI is trading up 15 points at 5498.
Locally, in economic news, the ANZ-Roy Morgan weekly consumer confidence survey and the National Australia Bank’s monthly business survey are due out.
In equities news, News Corp, Cochlear, Transurban, Carsales.com, REA Group and IOOF Holdings are expected to post full-year results, while ANZ is slated to release its third-quarter trading update.
- The SPI is trading up 15 points at 5498
- AUD +0.4% to 76.49 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow -0.1%, S&P 500 -0.1%, Nasdaq -0.2%
- In New York, BHP +1.5%, Rio +1.6%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +0.3%, FTSE +0.2%, CAC +0.1%, DAX +0.6%
- Spot gold flat at $US1336.13 an ounce
- Brent crude +3.2% to $US45.68 a barrel
What’s on today
Local data: NAB business confidence July, Transurban, ANZ Banking Group, IOOF Holdings, REA Group, News Corp, Carsales, Cochlear results.