The Australian market looks set to open higher following on from Wall Street’s strong rise in the last trading session boosted from better-than-expected US jobs figures.
The SPI is trading up 30 points, at 5485.
Locally, in economic news, the ANZ job advertisements series figures for July are due out.
In equities news, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank is slated to post full-year results while the Brisbane Broncos’ half-year results are expected.
- The SPI is trading up 30 points, at 5485
- AUD -0.1% to 76.19 US cents
- On Wall St, Dow +1%, S&P 500 +0.9%, Nasdaq +1.1%
- In New York, BHP +2.6%, Rio +0.9%, Atlassian +6.4%
- In Europe, Stoxx 50 +1.4%, FTSE +0.8%, CAC +1.5%, DAX +1.4%
- Spot gold -1.9% to $US1336 an ounce
- Brent crude +0.2% to $US44.36 a barrel
What’s on today
ANZ job ads July, Bendigo and Adelaide Bank results